Baked Scotch Eggs

Wednesday 20 November 2013


On my trip to London I saw these scotch eggs and I knew I had to try and healthify them. Traditionally a scotch egg is a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. I'm sure that's all really delicious but its probably not too good for you. 

I made my own bread crumbs using a slice of 100% wholemeal bread. All I did was rip up the bread and bake the small bread pieces in a preheated oven. 150C 10min. Then I processed it in a food processor/mini bullet blender thing.

What you'll need
1 hard boiled egg 
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs 
1/4 - 1/3 tsp smoked paprika 
40g minced chicken breast 
40g minced pork (lean) 
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
1 egg white 
Wholemeal breadcrumbs 

How to
1. Mix herbs, paprika, chicken and pork together.
2. Beat egg white in bowl A. Put flour in bowl B. Put breadcrumbs in bowl C.
Preheat oven to 200C.
3. Form the meat into a flat disk. Wrap hard boiled egg in the meat. Next evenly coat the egg + meat ball in wholemeal flour. Dust off the excess. Next dunk it into the egg white. Make sure it's all coated. Lastly coat it in the breadcrumbs!
4. Now bake it on a greased pan/greased aluminium foil/parchemnt paper for about 27 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY