Raw Banoffee Bars

Friday 25 October 2013


I rarely <s>cook</s> make raw desserts but I'm so glad I did today! This was so easy and so good mmmm. Especially because the weather was SO SO SO SO HOT. I used both pecans and almond slivers on the top because I ran out of pecans. But honestly I think it looks nicer when there are a mixture of nuts ^^ 

What you'll need
Crust:
1/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup oats
8 bam dates, pitted (80g)

Cream:
2 medium mashed banana, sliced (230g w/o skin)
1/3 cup cashews

1/4 cup chopped pecans

How to
1. For the crust combine almonds, oats, and dates in the food processor and process until the almonds are chopped up and the mixture holds together when squeezed. Press the mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. I used another piece of parchment paper when I pressed so that the crust wouldn't stick to my fingers. Also I used a flat container cover to press the crust. 

2. Blend cashews as fine as possible. Add bananas. Process until smooth then pour cream over the crust and set aside in the freezer for 2h.

3. Sprinkle pecans into the banana cream then freeze for 3h. Slice into 10 bars. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY