Thick clean pizza base

Saturday 24 November 2012




I love pizza. I've always loved it. I used to have pizza parties as a kid. I invited a few friends over and we made pizza together. I liked making smiley faces on mine (: But of course those pizzas weren't very clean. Pizza is actually pretty healthy homemade, as long as the base is healthy! I've made tortilla pizzas before, basically pizza on tortilla wraps. Although the taste was there the texture wasn't. The base makes half the pizza and with such a thin paste, the tortilla pizza wasn't bad but it wasn't fantastic. However the tortilla pizza is low carb. So I would still make it on low carb days! This recipe I'm about to share is definitely not low carb but the crust is healthy yet thick and mimics real pizza base perfectly. Got it from @healthy_rabbit_habit on instagram (:

Ingredients
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
3 egg whites

Method
1) Mix the ingredients up
2) Fry in a non stick pan like a pancake! I used no oil :P

Topped mine with tomato paste, tomatoes, onion, baked chicken, mozzarella (microwaved to let it melt) and chili flakes.
Hope you enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Looks good !! How much calories in it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I have to try this ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the oatmeal is not needed to be blend rite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instant oats must be used. If not you have to blend it :)

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY