Low carb peanut protein pancakes

Friday 23 November 2012



Now you can have pancakes on low carb days! Honestly this is my favourite recipe I've ever invented on my own. Couldn't make myself wait till tomorrow to post. 3 ingredients only! It's high protein, low carb, super simple, healthy and tastes amazing :) What more can you ask for? Nutrition facts are as follows.

For entire recipe (2 pancakes)
Calories: 168
Carbs: 8g
Protein: 19g
Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 4g
Fat: 8g
Sat fat: 2g


Ready for the real recipe?

Ingredients
•2 tbs cottage cheese
•2 tbs peanut flour (love peanut flour!)
•1 egg

Method
1) Mix ingredients in a bowl in this order: eggs, peanut flour cottage cheese
2) Fry it like a normal pancake and dig in!

This is me digging in:

Mine was topped with chocolate yogurt sauce and a strawberry!


*please note that this is a fairly small portion*

3 comments:

  1. Hi, just want to encourage on your effort to eat healthily. It's good that you develop a healthy lifestyle and there's nothing wrong with wanting to look good, but don't be too obsess with calories, the macronutrients and even exercise. You wouldn't want to become anorexic and develop an eating disorder. Trust me, you really don't. While its great that you put in effort to watch what you eat, don't deprive yourself of yummy decadent food that teenagers like you normally eat( ice cream, cakes, pastries etc). Enjoy your youth while you can and don't waste it. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for commenting :) Yes I know! I hardly feel deprived though. I don't find myself craving junk food as I really enjoy what I'm eating. I try not to obsess just sharing the nutrition on my recipe! I'll keep what you said in mind though! Xx

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY