Wholemeal Cinnamon Raisin Bagels

Friday 9 August 2013

    Healthy cinnamon raisin bagels anyone?


      FINALLY. I've figured out why all my recipes that use yeast have been failing. It's because 1) I'm using instant yeast. I need to use more and I don't need to proof it before baking. 2) I have been reusing the same small packet of yeast when the box states not to reuse an already opened packet. HAHA I SUCK. 

      Anyway so happy these turned out right ~ I kinda forgot to add cinammon till I had made the raw bagel shapes so I just dusted cinnamon over after boiling. And I wanted to use cranberries but the cranberries in my house had added sugar and I was like nuh uh. (Does finger snap head shake thing)
      Also Happy National Day to all Singaporeans yay! And yesterday was Hari Raya :) So this weekend is super long and ahhmazing. Just that I have to study like mad for exams. I spent the whole of yesterday at home. I didn't step out of my house at all.

      Ingredients
      6 tbsp warm water
      1/2 cups whole wheat flour
      1 tbsp honey (use more if you like things sweeter and reduce the water by a little!)
      3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
      1 tbsp raisins
      1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon

      Method
      1. Mix yeast, cinnamon and flour together. Form a well and pour in the wet ingredients.
      2. Knead well to form a dough, knead in raisins, let sit somewhere warm for 20min. Form 2 bagels: divide the dough into 2 portions. Form each portion into a ball, flatten in and punch a (fairly big) hole in the centre.
      3. Let bagels sit on parchment paper for about 30 min in a warm place like a microwave. 4. Boil bagels for 2-3 minutes. Turn them over in the water halfway.
      5. Dry the bagels with a cloth. Preheat convection oven to 180C. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY