Strawberry Rice Puff (Krispie) Balls

Monday 10 February 2014


Another Valentines Day treat for you guys!! Wish I could give each and everyone of you one but 1) they'll probably be sticky and melting by the time they reach you, 2) I probably don't have enough or 3) I might finish eating them before they reach you! They're so delicious :3 My dad who usually finds my foods bland LOVES these! You have to try this recipe out! Like any other Rice Krispie recipe, it's super simple. Basically mix everything together, roll into balls and freeze. 


You can use any kind of nut butter in replacement of cashew butter :) Preferably a light coloured nut? I used my own homemade cashew butter. All I did was blend 160g of cashews in my amazing food processor until it turned buttery. I blended for 1-2min, let the machine rest for a few minutes and then repeated (about 6 times) until the cashews released their oils and turned creamy. I made just enough for the recipe! :) 


For my strawberries I used the Crunchies brand. Can be omitted but it'll make it non-strawberry flavoured... Perhaps you can add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder? You can use any kind of puffed rice cereal too :) 

Makes 21 balls
What you'll need
1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries 
5 tbsp maple syrup (or similar)
6.5 tbsp cashew butter
2.5 cups organic puffed brown rice

How to
1- Blend the strawberries to a fine powder.
2- Mix the maple syrup and cashew butter together. Microwave 20s. Mix in the strawberry powder well. 
3. Fold in the puffed rice until well evenly coated. With damp hands, roll into balls and freeze for 45min to 1h until firm. Eat up! 

P.S I wish these would last out of the freezer but they don't. They turn kind of sticky and soft.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY