Vegan Banana Berry Streusel Pizza

Saturday 22 February 2014


So I've been reducing my protein and increasing my carbs lately, because I want to eat less animal products. I was watching this YouTube video by freeleethebananagirl, and I saw how cruelly cows are treated. It was so horrible I literally cried. I'm eating more vegan meals now but I don't think I'll go completely vegan because that lifestyle isn't maintainable for me at the moment. 

Besides I'm actually eating more protein than necessary so it won't hurt to cut down. I want to watching "earthlings", a documentary about animal abuse stuff but I'm worried I'll be a huge sobbing puddle by the time the film is over.


Today's recipe is a wonderfully scrumptious vegan pizza. It has an oat flax base and is studded with banana coins and blueberries, sprinkled with walnut cinnamon streusel, drizzled with coconut cream and finished off with some freeze dried strawberry pieces. 

Food props: I am loving my cute little honey drizzling thing! I don't even really know what it's called haha. Found that little acorn by the pavement near my condo. 


For those who need photographic evidence that the pizza holds together when lifted up....


This was actually a really photogenic breakfast! :D I love it when the food makes my life easy by looking good. Sometimes I get so stressed taking food pictures.........


What you'll need
Basic pizza base
About 1/2 cup rolled oats 
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp baking powder 
1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used soy) 

Toppings
1 small banana, sliced into coins 
1/3 cup blueberries 
1/4 cup walnuts 
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
2 tbsp coconut cream
Freeze dried strawberry pieces 

How to
1. Blend pizza base dry ingredients together. Pour into a bowl and mix in milk to a get a smooth batter. Let sit for 5min to thicken. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Blend walnuts and cinnamon together until it gets rather clumpy. You should be able to form crumb like pieces out of it. 
3. Spread pizza base batter into a 7inch circle on parchment paper placed on a baking tray. 
4. Gently place banana coins and blueberries into the surface of the pizza and crumble the walnut cinnamon streusel over. Bake for 25-30min! 
5. Drizzle coconut cream over, garnish with strawberry pieces and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY