Choc Cookie Bananaberry Waffle Grilled Cheese

Sunday 23 March 2014


Hello. Brace yourselves for I am about to do a mass recipe update on this blog. Lately, I've been fairly busy with school, I'm secondary 3 now and my O levels are next year so life is only going to get busier. 

Anywho, this is the best grilled cheese I've ever eaten. 

1) It's grilled in a waffle iron. No explanation needed.
2) There is a cookie dough quest bar in there. 
3) The sweet and savory flavours work really well together! Cheese and fruit and chocoate and cookies yum. 


Why hello!

Feel free to sub the ingredients with other things and get creative! 

What you'll need 
~a good waffle iron, I use cuisinart~
1/2 tsp coconut oil
2 slices wholemeal bread 
1 slice reduced fat cheese 
1/3 of a cookie dough quest bar, broken up
About 1/3 of a 8inch banana, thinly sliced into coins
10g square of 85% dark chocolate, chopped
A few raspberries 

How to
1- A picture speaks a thousand words. Layer everything (but the oil) onto your bread like this. Don't add to many raspberries or excess ingredients in general or your sandwich will be way to fat to fit the waffle iron! Put the slices of bread together to make a sandwich. 
2- Grease your non stick waffle iron with the coconut oil. Preheat it. 
3- Now lay your sandwich onto the waffle iron. Close the waffle iron, gently and slowly press down, and cook for about 4min, or until the waffle iron beeps/alerts you in its own way. 

On my waffle iron I can adjust how brown I want the waffles to be. I use the setting inbetween 2 and 3. 

Enjoy and have fun! Even if you don't have a waffle iron, feel free to toast or grill your sandwich the traditional way :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY