Basic Vegan Waffles/Pancakes

Sunday 23 March 2014

Buckwheat flour used here. Served with chocolate maple sauce, sliced banana, peach and dried strawbies.

This vegan waffle recipe is the best I've tried for vegan pancakes or waffles ever. It uses flax as an egg substitute, which may be a little inconvenient for you guys, but really I don't know what else can replace it! 

Waffle and pancake recipes can be used pretty much interchangeably. After all, waffles are pancakes but with abs.




All the vegan recipes I've tried with like banana to substitute the egg have always ended up pretty bad and mushy on the inside. These waffles however, turned out wonderful. I've tried them as pancakes too! 



I kind of adapted nourishandevolves recipe :) 

1 serving: 
What you'll need 
1/3 cup spelt flour, buckwheat flour, or wholewheat flour
1 tbsp flax seed meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 - 1 tbsp water 
1 tsp maple syrup
1/3 cup milk of choice 

1/2 tsp coconut oil 

How to
1- Mix dry ingredients together. Pour in wet ingredients and stir well to combine. Let sit for about 10min.
2- Grease waffle maker with coconut oil. Pour batter in when ready and cook until your waffle maker alerts you and let's you know it's done. 

For pancakes, cook 2-3 min on each side :)

2 comments:

  1. Omg I love all your recipes, fave blog by far! I will have to try these this weekend :) Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH THATS REALLY SO KIND OF YOU TO SAY! I do hope they turn out well for you :-)

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY