Vegan Teriyaki Tofu Fried Rice

Sunday 23 March 2014


On to the next recipe for my major recipe uploading today. I'm trying to make use of this apare time I have as I realised I'm studying for a chem test that may possibly not even be tomorrow like I assumed it would be! 

I really love how this vegan fried rice tastes :) Fried rice is such an easy dish to whip up with whatever you have in your fridge. For this japanese-y fried rice, I wanted to add mirin but I ran out, [or at least I thought I did :-( ] and I wanted to add japanese chili powder over but I had apparently used it up too. I'm obsessed with the stuff, and spicy food in general. 


What you'll need 
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1/8 cup chopped carrot
1/8 cup chopped japanese cucumber
1 cup of rice
50g of firm organic tofu (taukwa) 

Sauce
1 tsp dark soya sauce (or less if you prefer) 
1 tsp - 1.5 tsp maple syrup 
1/3 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp mirin (optional) 
1 tbsp water

Garnishing
Spring onion, chopped
Seaweed
Japanese chili powder

How to
1- Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium low heat. 
2- Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in vegetables. Cook until the onion is soft and slightly brown. Increase to medium high heat. 
3- Add in rice and tofu. Stir everything together in the pan. Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over the fried rice. Stir fry a few minutes to evaporate some sauce and incorporate the favours! 
4- Serve with garnishing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY