Chocolate Chip Bacon Donuts

Saturday 4 January 2014


This morning I got up bright and early just bursting with excitement to use my new mini donut pan. I bought it with some of my Christmas money the other day and it's been sitting in my kitchen cabinet begging me to use it ever since. 

Delicious donuts for me to eat! 

In case anyone of you asks, I got it from kitchen capers a wonderful little cooking shop along kallang bahru. I wanted the normal sized donuts but they were all sold out, so I settled for the mini donut pan! The donuts are smaller than they look in the pictures above. You'll see! 

Anywho I decided to make clean chocolate chip donuts, frosting with maple greek yogurt and sprinkled with crunchy little bits of turkey bacon! I basically used a pancake batter and baked it haha. 

You can sub the greek yogurt in the donut batter with cauliflower purée and use dairy free chocolate to make it dairy free. I just love the protein added by greek yogurt! 

I made 11 mini donuts and I ate 9 of them for breakfast. Not the slightest bit guilty because each donut is roughly about 35 calories INCLUDING TOPPINGS. I wouldn't mind eating the whole batch of donuts ;)

My process of frosting these cutie piess, or should I say donuts:





Now you know how small they are!

What you'll need
1/3 cup oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
1 tbsp chocolate chips
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/8 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tbsp maple syrup 
1/2 strip low sodium turkey bacon

How to
1. Blend oats and baking powder into a flour. 
2. Beat egg, yogurt and vanilla extract together. Mix in dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips. 
Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Grease donut pan with coconut oil and pour the batter in until almost full! Bake for 10min. 
4. Remove donuts from the oven. While the donuts cool. Cook turkey bacon according to the packaging. Mix greek yogurt and maple syrup to get a frosting. Chop up cooked turkey bacon. 
5. Now frost the donuts and sprinkle them with bacon. Voila! Your yummy healthy donuts are served. 

P.S this can be made into cupcakes 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY