Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Sunday 12 January 2014


After one bite of this, I flipped out and couldn't stop raving about it for the next few hours. These healthy sweet and sour meatballs are honestly THAT good. They taste and look like they were made in a Chinese restaurant! 


I'm going to teach my maid how to cook this for us, so we can have it for dinner some day! On weekdays my maid cooks dinner (-: 


Perfect blend of sweet and sour! Plus it's low fat unlike the usual sweet and sour pork. I messed these up last weekend and they were terrible!! But my mum motivated me to try again (-: I'm so glad I did!

What you'll need
140g minced chicken (or you can use half pork half chicken)
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp honey
1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1/3 tsp Chinese rice wine
3 tbsp water
1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped capsicum (3 colours)

How to 
1. Boil water in a saucepan. Form mince chicken into balls. Drop chicken into the boiling water and cook for about 15min or until they float to the top. 
2. Mix tomato paste, honey, vinegar, light soya sauce, Chinese rice wine and water together to form your sauce.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan. Over medium high heat sauté onion and garlic. Once fragrant add in vegetables and chicken meatballs. Briefly fry for a minute or so and then pour sauce over. Mix everything together well and cook until sauce thickens. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the meatballs.

Serve with brown rice and you can garnish with coriander if you wish :-)






4 comments:

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY