Lemon Coconut Protein Crinkles

Monday 6 January 2014


Made these cookies a grand total of 3 times. The first two times they looked more volcano like and were rather dry. Third times the charm I guess :) These make your kitchen and hands smell nice because of the lemon zest!


Crinkle cookies aren't very common in Singapore, where I live, so I made my own! They are sort of a cake-cookie, and have cracks across the top surface of the cookie! Instead of rolling mine in powdered sugar I used ground dried coconut! Definitely healthier :) This cookie is fairly low in fat but high in protein!

About 6 cookies:

What you'll need
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey or slightly more to taste
3 tbsp whisked egg/1 small egg
Lemon zest of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 

3 tbsp dried coconut 

How to
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients. 
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients, except coconut. Next combine both mixtures. Freeze for 1h or longer.
Preheat oven to 180C.
3. Blend 3 tbsp dried coconut as fine as possible. Get a tbsp of cookie dough, form into a ball, roll in coconut, place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until dough is used up. 
4. Bake for 10min.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sophia :D

    I've been reading your blog for quite sometime now & I really really love your blog :D I love how pretty everything looks on your blog. So far I've only made cranberry pistachio scones, i baked that twice and i really loved it :)

    I am planning to make this today but i don't have vanilla protein powder, i only have vico soy protein (choc flavoured!) what can i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! So happy that you tried my recipe and it turned out well (-: You if you don't have a protein powder you can try to substitute with oat flour? But you may have to add more sweetener, preferably a dry sweetener. If you increase the honey the mixture may get too wet. I can't promise results as I have not tried to substitute the protein before! Maybe you can make chocolate protein crinkles by using the chocolate powder and not using lemon?

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY