Tahini Soba

Saturday 11 January 2014


School has started officially so my posts from now on may be even shorter than normal! Today I made this really easy soba. When I showed it to my brother he said, "that's not japanese" so I said "it's fusion.

In any case, it's delicious ^^ Tahini is sesame seed butter. I used organic hulled tahini I got from wholefoods in London. Tahini's rather bitter, so I sweetened it up with honey. Worked pretty well I must say! 

What you'll need
A piece of ginger
50g uncooked soba
1/2 cup chopped broccoli 
1/4 cup sliced carrots 
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp mirin
1/4 tsp light soya sauce 
Grilled meat of choice
Seaweed for garnishing 

How to
1. Boil water with ginger. Add in broccoli and carrots. Blanch for a few minutes and remove broccoli and carrots. Then cook your soba in rapidly boiling water for 3 min or according to your packages instructions. 
2. Mix tahini, honey, mirin and soya sauce together. Toss soba in the sauce. Garnish with seaweed and serve with vegetables and grilled meat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY