Fitness plan for 2014

Wednesday 1 January 2014

So now that 2013 is over it's about time I start thinking what I'm going to do in order to achieve my fitness goals in 2014! I want to lose fat and gain more muscle. Since about mid November I've been reverse dieting. I've increased carbs and calories by a lot! The aim of this, is to eat more without gaining fat, thus increasing my metabolism. I think I've been successful at that. 


3 kg difference but not much fat gain overall! I'm not showing my legs and arms but I'm pretty sure they haven't got fatter. So I'm assuming this weigh gain is muscle? 

Anyway I'm going to maintain at 250C for about 2 weeks more! That would have been a month of 250C. Then I'll start  dropping carbs by 10g a week. The slower you lose weight, the longer you keep it off. Dropping calories too quickly can also crash your metabolism which you do not want. 

Also I'm going to increase cardio a little by making one of my tabata workouts longer. Jogging is twice a week and PE is once a week in school too, so my cardio will naturally increase :-) 

I'll stop reducing carbs at the start of March. By then my macros will be 180C 144P and 47F vs the 250C 148P and 47F that I'm consuming right now.

Honestly can't wait to be done eating so much food! It's expensive and time consuming AND people think I'm insane.

You may be wondering why I started reverse dieting. Well simply put, I wasn't making any progress. Even now I don't look that much different from over a year ago. And I thought the problem may be my metabolism?? In the earlier half of secondary one (2012) I ate so little it's unbelievable. I'd been eating like that since the second half. of 2011. My eating habits on a normal day would be like this.

Breakfast:
1/4 cup oats
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp honey 

Recess:
Half apple

Lunch:
1 oat cookie 

Snack:
Peanut butter on toast or a fruit

Dinner: 1/2 cup pasta or rice and some meat and vegetables my maid cooked

Dessert: can't remember but probably fruit.

Roughly my daily intake was about 800. I eat about 2000 calories now, over two times that amount now. Anyway I thought that might have affected my metabolism in someway and decided to give reverse dieting a shot.

Wishing all of you the best in achieving all your goals this year! 

2 comments:

  1. is there anyway i can contact you? im pretty much eating what you were eating a few months ago and am stuck in this as too afraid ill gain weight when i increase my intake ... it seems every time i go over for a few days i instantly gain 1 or 2 kgs in a week :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think you mean a year ago not a few months haha. You can contact me at my contact page! Just click contact right at the top!

      Delete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY