Avocado Alfredo

Sunday 17 February 2013


2nd post of the day! I post ALOT more on weekends than on weekdays.

So. Alfredo sauce is a creamy sauce made with loads of butter and cheese. This is my take on a clean Alfredo sauce chock full of healthy fat. It's really simple you basically blend everything together! Ate it with some pre cooked wholewheat spaghetti and paprika basil chicken that I grilled on Friday :) So all i did was make the sauce, stirred it through the pasta, added the chicken and microwaved! Simple. Only problem was my avocado wasn't that ripe and it was really stubborn and hard to blend -.-


This is a good amount of sauce for 1 cup pasta :)

Ingredients
1/2 Avocado
2 tbs cottage cheese
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp basil
3 tbs milk

Also wanted to add chopped parsley and nutritional yeast but I didn't have any :-(

Method
1) Chop avocado into small pieces.
2) Blend everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY