Microwave cake diaries

Friday 15 February 2013

Hello! Ever since my first microwaved mug muffin, I've made many different variations. The ingredients and steps for microwave cakes are usually really short which is why it seemed pointless to do a post for every one that I made. So in this post I'll be compiling all my successful microwave cake recipes for you guys. & in total (-: I like to make them in different shapes so I use mini baking pans mugs and bowls. That's why I can't call this post the mug muffin diaries ): Basic instructions for all the microwave cakes: Beat egg, add other ingredients and microwave for 2.5-3 min! Sweeteners are optional for all these microwave goodies! Feel free to play around and come up with your own recipes. Loads of fun I promise!

1) Chocolate cupcake

My first microwave cake! Posted this before 
Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 egg, 1 tbs cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract



2) Carrot cake

Topped with walnuts and raisins!
Ingredients: 1 egg, 2 tbs oats, 3 crushed walnuts, 3 tbs grated carrot, 1/4 tsp cinnamon



3) Banana berry panda cake

Pretend this bear is a panda for me (:
Ingredients: 1 egg, 1 banana, blueberries, strawberries


4) Cinnamon mug muffin

Topped with peanut flour butter sauce!
Ingredients: 4 tbs almond meal (or ground almonds), 1 egg, 1/3 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 2-3 tbs apple sauce (Optional: sweetener like honey, agave, stevia)


5) Sticky Date Pudding

This is a longer recipe. I posted it here before.

6) Coconut peanut panda cake

This one is more recent! Topped with microwaved strawberry and raisins (:
Ingredients: 1 tbs peanut flour, 1 tbs coconut flour, 1 egg, 2 tbs apple sauce

7) Blueberry coconut dome cake

And finally, what I had for breakfast today. Made it in a bowl for a change! Topped with sunbutter and desiccated coconut. Add vanilla extract if you like!
Ingredients: 1 egg, 2 tbs coconut flour, 3 tbs water, 2 tbs cottage cheese, 15 blueberries 

Thank you for reading! Hope this post encourages you guys to make some microwave cakes for yourselves (:

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing!:) Thank you so much for sharing, Sophia! I enjoy your instagram too!:>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for reading a leaving a comment! No one really comments on here lol :P

      Delete
  2. This is amazing :D I've only tried blogilates' berrylicious microwave minute muffin but i've never thought i could actually manipulate my ingredients and all. Where did you get all your ideas from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course you can! I have no idea I just start with a base of 1 egg, 1/4 cup dry ingredients, 1/4 cup moistening ingredients such as fruit puree or greek yogurt and some sweetener such as honey! Then you can jazz things up with nuts and fruit etc

      Delete
  3. I was looking for something like this! Microwave cakes with ingredients I actually have on hand. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY