Mint chocolate pancakes!

Sunday 17 February 2013


Hello all!

So if you've been following my Instagram, you'll know that I fell pretty badly yesterday morning while jogging! I scraped/cut my knees, right hand, right shoulder and chin. I also shattered my iPhone 4...... so I got a new iphone 5!!! Yay! But don't be like "omg you're so lucky you got a new phone!" because now I'm all injured, can't exercise, can't wear jeans, have to shower in pain and walk around with pus dripping out of my knees -_-




The iPhone 5 has a great front camera!

Was supposed to make these pancakes yesterday but I couldn't because I was bleeding everywhere. Instead my mum made me a power bowl for breakfast! <3 


Glad I was able to make them today though because they are so good! I mean WHO doesn't want mint chocolate pancakes. I LOVE mint and chocolate together and when people are like "Ew I hate mint choc" I'm like WHY!?


Topped with choc pb sauce and slim secrets mint choc fit balls. Only used about two fit balls to top the pancakes so I ate the remaining fit balls that I didn't use. They are THAT good :)


Love when you slice into a pancake stacks and it feels like cake!! This one was especially like that because of the green and brown layers...... :)


I'm leaving lotsa paragraphs because I need space to insert all my pictures from this mornings "photo shoot" HAHAHA. Anyway enough rambling I know you guys want the recipe!!



Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup oats
2 tbs apple sauce/cottage cheese
1 tsp agave/honey
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup Spinach
1/4 tsp Peppermint extract

For sauce:
1 tbs Peanut flour
1 /2 tsp cocoa powder
Water until consistency is right

Method
1) Blend egg, oats, cottage cheese/apple save, agave/honey and baking powder together in a mini blender/food processor/magic bullet.
2) Pour half of the batter out and blend remaining with spinach and peppermint extract.
3) Mix cocoa powder into the batter that you poured out earlier.
4) Fry pancakes in olive oil or any healthy oil of your choice!
5) Mix your sauce together and pour over. Top with slim secrets mint choc fit balls :D

Note: I'm really bad at dividing batter into equal halves which is why I didn't have an equal amount of chocolate and mint pancakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY