Sweet potato pancakes and CNY

Saturday 9 February 2013


Happy Chinese New Year's Eve!

Today I have a reunion dinner and tomorrow I have lunch and dinner at my aunties and uncles houses.

Also, it's Saturday morning now and I only return to school on Wednesday yay! On Wednesday we'll be having a class party which I WILL take part in! Pizzaaaaa.

So obviously I won't be eating very clean for this period of Chinese New Year. But that's totally ok! Didn't have any treats in Jan and this can be my Jan + Feb treat meals combined. Besides CNY is only once a year!





Anyway trying to keep my breakfasts clean through this period of "feasting". Here's today's sweet potato pancakes layered with cottage cheese, berries! So good and the sweet potato was so sweet 😍 I ate this with my usual lemonade as you can see in the background. Its juice from 1/2 a lemon. water and 5 drops of stevia. Delicious cold. I want to try it with fizzy water but I haven't got around to it yet.



Ingredients
3.5 inch by 1 inch small sweet potato
1 egg 1 white
3 tbs oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbs olive oil

Method
1) Steam sweet potato
2) Blend all ingredients (except oil) in a food processor, blender, etc.
3) Fry in a tbs of olive oil.
4) Layer with cottage cheese and berries. To make the raspberry compote I microwaved the berries in a covered bowl for 20s.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY