Cinnamon banana French toast

Sunday 13 January 2013


Here's a simple but delicious recipe. Cinnamon French toast with sautéed banana slices. Drizzled with agave. When making this I wanted to use 2 egg whites but then I thought, "what on earth for? What's wrong with the yolk (unless I'm eating low cal)?" So I used one egg and it worked out pretty good. Some of the ingredients I didn't measure so I just put a range I think I used.



Ingredients
1 egg
2 tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tbs coconut oil
1/2 banana sliced
2 slices wholemeal bread

Method
1) Beat egg.
2) Stir in the milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
3) Dip bread in and let it soak a little.
4) Fry in coconut oil.
5) Use remaining oil to sautéed banana slices.
6) Serve with a drizzle of agave/honey/maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY