Eating clean in school?

Saturday 5 January 2013

Now that school has officially started, people have been asking me what I'm going to prepare for quick early morning breakfasts and also recess/lunch in school!

Please don't use school as an excuse for not eating clean. Don't slack on healthy eating just because its tiring packing your own food to school or you feel judged by people. Come on I get judged ALOT. But I suck it up and keep on doing it because I am COMMITTED to my healthy lifestyle. I wake up a little earlier to prep my food and I NEVER skip breakfast!

LUNCH
Basic things you can bring to school for lunch are wraps, sandwiches and salads :-) If you want to eat school food sometimes, get the sandwiches. Also check out this for other healthier options you can order in school (Singapore hawker food).

SNACKS
Some of my favourite grab and go snacks are

Go natural nut bars



Kind bars
ALMOND WALNUT MACADAMIA WITH PEANUTS + PROTEIN

Slim secrets protein bars
Mintabolism Boost Bar - packs a metabolic punch with green tea extract

Almonds
I pack these into ziplock bags of 20/2tbs almonds each.

Baby packets of raisins

Well the singapore one isn't like this but yeah the 0.5oz mini box (:

Cereal
I just buy I packet of milk, dump the cereal in there and make people think I'm eating milk with a spoon. Haha :P I like fiber one, kashi or barbara's bakery.

I actually like anything from Barbara's bakery
especially snackimals mmm.
Snackimals, Double Chocolate
http://www.barbarasbakery.com/products-overview/

If your school sells cut fruits, those are great snacks too.


Check out my locker! I intend to add some more packets of cereal, bars and raisins to it cos I'm insane like that. I may forget to bring snacks to school or I may suddenly get hungry so its great that I have ready supply :D

BREAKFAST
For breakfast I definitely have no time for pancakes so I like making mug cakes, overnight oatmeal in a jar, scrambled eggs, normal oatmeal, healthy homemade muffins, sandwiches, powerbowls and smoothies. Powerbowls are usually bowls of yogurt/cottage cheese topped with anything from fruit to muesli!

Overnight oats in a jar topped with snackimals

Choconut muffins

Fiber one powerbowl

Microwave cinnamon mug muffin with peanut flour sauce

On my Instagram I like to compile the ugly school food I eat into a single photo so follow me on there to get healthy school foodspo like this! (I might throw in a random picture sometimes lol)


Anyway the key is prep. Prepare the ingredients to make lunch for the next day the night before. Example: On Monday night I prepare Tuesday lunch. And sometimes breakfast :-)

Ingredients for a turkey wrap!

And to end off, some inspo for all you beautiful people (:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY