Clean Baked Beans

Saturday 26 January 2013


After a day out shopping with my mum for a Chinese New Year dress, I came home and whipped up some healthy baked beans and served it with pb stuffed cinnamon chicken (to welcome pb back into my life. Lol call me crazy).

I didn't add the pinch of salt but you totally can. It would prob taste better but I forgot heh. Although I baked it for 50min, I've seen some recipes bake the beans for like 4h??? Maybe you could try that. Also I used kidney beans cos I couldn't find navy beans. Kidney beans have less carbs and more protein anyway.

Ingredients
400g can of red kidney beans
400g can of chopped tomatoes (I used hunts)
1/3 onion diced
2 strips turkey bacon diced
2 tbs agave
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
Optional: pinch of salt

Method
Preheat oven to 180•C
1) In a pan sauté diced turkey bacon and then add in the onions. You basically fry the onions in the bacon grease so no oil is necessary :-)
2) Add the rest of the ingredients and combine everything together over medium heat.
3) Transfer to baking dish with a cover or casserole dish and bake for 50 min or longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY