Pumpkin pie pancakes

Saturday 26 January 2013


So quick and simple! I realize I post ALOT on weekends but that's cos I don't get to cook much on weekdays :( Ever since yesterday I've decided to start adding baking soda to my pancakes and look how fluffy these got!



I've never tried pumpkin flavoured things before just roasted pumpkin in salads! It's just not very common/popular here I guess? Made a bigger batch so my parents could try some! Anyway I have a ton of pumpkin purée left over so if you guys have any ideas on what else I can use it for just let me know below! These are really low calorie (164 per 1/2 batch)! A little too low for me so I add toppings! Actually, I add toppings to all my pancakes... They taste way better with toppings!

Yields 5 pancakes (2 tbs each)

Ingredients
1/2 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
2 eggs
2/3 tsp baking powder

Method
1) Blend everything in a blender and fry in 1 tbs of olive oil.
2) Top with whatever and serve with agave syrup/maple syrup/honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY