SGFS: Kaya Toast Panacotta

Sunday 8 December 2013


At my job attachment with the marketing department at Goodrich Global, I was flipping through magazines and tagging stuff. One of the magazines I really liked was epicure. I think I'm going to subscribe to it. Also appetite magazine had this little recipe book and I saw a kaya toast panacotta, which of course inspired me to create this healthy version!


Single serving and it can be made dairy free, vegan and paleo too. It's fun shaking the plate and wobbling the panacotta :P


Not very green cos my blender isn't the best at blending up leaves :(

What you'll need
3/4 level tsp gelatin
3 tbsp hot milk (whatever kind)
80g coconut milk
6 pandan leaves, cut up
1/4 cup milk (whatever kind)
1 tbsp honey/maple syrup

1 tbsp coffee
1/4 piece of toasted bread

How to
1. Stir gelatin into hot milk and let it dissolve.
2. Blend coconut milk with pieces of pandan leaves. My blender didn't manage to blend the leaves up completely they were a little piecey, but that's fine! As long as the coconut milk has got some green in there....
3. Strain the coconut milk and pandan leaves into the gelatin and milk. Squeeze it all out! Discard the pandan leaves. (There was some coconut milk hanging around on my discarded leaves, but I just couldn't get it through the strainer so whatever.)
4. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup milk and honey/maple syrup. Pour into a ramekin and cover with cling wrap. Chill in the fridge (I did this overnight aka 8h but 4h should be okay too?) and then serve by running a knife along the edges and turning the panacotta out onto a plate. Pour coffee over and top with a piece of toast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY