Raw Vegan Neapolitan Babycakes

Friday 13 December 2013


Guys I've been thinking. And I think, my photography needs to get better. I'm trying harder now, looking for nice crockery and props. I met up with Andrea and Serene from Instagram yesterday! Serene is totally into buying her crockey. Makes me feel like I should put more thought into my food styling lol.   


Today's raw vegan babycake recipe is sweet, yummy and good to look at! Unfortunately I didn't blend my frosting very well because I didn't have enough strawberries and had to mix in some water and ... Complicated stuff :P if I were to make this again, I'd also double the amount of the (white) vanilla coconut part! 

I call these Babycakes because they are kinda flat for cupcakes hahaha

This is the coconut I used 


NR = Not raw 

Makes 3 babycakes:

What you'll need
Chocolate: 
1/2 cup raw almonds (about 70g) [or NR baked almonds)
1 tbsp raw unsweetened cacao powder [or NR unsweetened cocoa]
50g raw date paste (pitted dates basically)

Vanilla: 
1/4 cups raw skinless almonds (unless you like a browner vanilla part)
1/4 cup dehydrated shredded coconut 
1/2 tbsp agave nectar [not vegan alternative: honey]
Optional: Vanilla bean if you have it [NR: 1/4 tsp vanilla extract]

Frosting:
1/3 cup Cashew
4 medium strawberries + somemore if needed 

How to
1. Process chocolate ingredients together until clumpy and sticky. Press firmly into 3 cupcake liners (placed in a pan) or disposable aluminium cups. 
2. Process vanilla ingredients until clumpy. Press firmly on top of chocolate. Freeze cupcakes for 10min. 
3. Make icing by blending the ingredients together until you are satisfied. Just add strawberries until the texture is the way you like it :-) transfer the frosting into a ziplock bag and cut the tip off. 
4. Get your cupcakes out, pipe frosting onto them and serve up :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY