Tahini Shortbread Cookies

Tuesday 10 December 2013


The 2nd Christmas recipe, this time a sweet one! Super clean and healthy (and vegan and dairy free) tahini shortbread cookies with hints of cinnamon. When I tried these cookies I fell in love. If I were the sort who left cookies out for Santa, these are the ones I'd leave. They are so simple which means you don't have to wash so much :D only 7 ingredients! Sorry for saying 5 ingredients on Instagram. In my excitement, I forgot how to count. One cookie is about 68 calories. AKA delicious points. 


Santa wants some.

Usually I'm not very good at cookies but these are just the perfect texture!


Buttery and just perfect. Sigh. I'm gonna make another batch of these for my relatives this Christmas. That's saying something because I almost never remake recipes, I'm too busy creating new ones.

Use measuring spoons or you may use too much of an ingredient! 

Makes 8 cookies

What you'll need
1/2 cup gluten free flour blend (Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey (maple syrup would probably work) 
2 tbsp organic hulled tahini (or any nut butter of similar consistency!) 
Juice from 1 wedge of lemon  
1/4 tsp butter extract 

How to 
1. Mix dry ingredients together. Add in wet ingredients and combine well.
Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Make 8 tbsp spoon sized balls of dough and flatten to form cookies, use a fork to make a design on top. 
3. Bake for about 15min on a prepared pan and cool before eating. 

ENJOY! YOU WILL I PROMISE.

P.S the Santa hat is using fage 0% greek yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY