Mint French Toast Tree

Saturday 28 December 2013


Hello! This post is so late!! I'm sorry I've been lazy. Though no one asked for this recipe I'll just leave it here in case anyone ever wants it later on :) Do you see two angels at the base of my Christmas tree? Let's pretend they have their wings folded in :)  

Had this super cute breakfast on Christmas morning and I had way too much fun dressing my tree up. 

I used a gooseberry as my "star" to top my french toast tree. 

Licked the plate clean. Yup.

Did you guys have a very Merry Christmas? 

What you'll need 
1 egg 
2 tbsp milk 
1/4 cup baby spinach
1/2 tbsp honey 
1/4 tsp peppermint extract 
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 
2 slices wholemeal bread
Oil to fry 

Decorations:
Fruit 
Yogurt 
1/2 tbsp honey + 1 tsp cocoa powder = chocolate sauce 

How to
1. Blend egg, milk, baby spinach, honey, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. 
2. Heat oil in a pan. Dip a slice bread into the batter and let both sides absorb a good amount of batter before frying over low heat. Repeat with the next slice. 
3. Now decorate and eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY