Orange Lemongrass Soufflé

Wednesday 11 December 2013


So today I made lemongrass orange soufflés that are not only processed sugar free but are also dairy free. They are so scrummy and soft it's kinda like poking a marshmallow. I'm so happy I succeeded on my FIRST attempt!! It was so exciting watching the soufflés rise :-)


Check it out.


YES I ATE BOTH! But that's because together, they are only about 250 calories. If I ate one that would be a horribly pathetic breakfast. I also had one of my tahini cookies on the side and some mango. Gosh I'm eating all these dessert-y thingys for breakfast T_T I guess I have a sweet tooth. 

What You'll Need
1 tsp coconut oil to grease ramekins
1/2 tbsp minced lemon grass
1 tbsp any milk
1.5 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp coconut flour
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
1 egg yolk

1 egg white
1 tbsp honey

How to
1. Brush the insides of 2 ramekins with coconut oil (1/2 tsp each). Keep in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. 
2. Mix minced lemongrass with milk. Microwave 1min. Then microwave another 1min. Try to mash up the lemongrass with a fork. 
3. Stir coconut oil, coconut flour, orange zest, orange juice and egg yolks into mixture until smooth.
4. Whisk egg white until frothy. Slowly add 1/2 tbsp honey and whisk. Then add another 1/2 tbsp honey and keep beating until soft peaks form.
5. Remove ramekins from the fridge. Fold half the egg whites into egg yolk mixture until combined. Gently fold in second half until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared ramekins, allowing 1/4-inch of space at the top.
6. Bake until risen and browned, 16 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY