Best Ever Santa Mousse

Wednesday 4 December 2013



This chocolate mousse or as I called it on Instagram, Santa mousse, is so healthy and delicious it will blow your mind. Boom. Light and fluffy but so chocolatey good all at the same time! I wish I made more, but this as always is a single serving recipe (: 


I can't believe I managed to make this. You can't even tell its healthy and less than 200 cals. Whatsmore it's so so simple! Definitely one of my favourite recipes! The Santa also makes it totally Christmas appropriate don't you think? 

I knew it would be delicious when I made it and stored it in the fridge. I poked it, licked my finger, and though "this one's gonna be great." 


Santa ass. 

This is one of those rare posts where my pictures aren't all landscape haha. You have to try this recipe guys. It's like clouds. 

What you'll need
3 tbsp cocoa powder (use a measuring spoon!) 
1 tbsp maple syrup
6 drops liquid stevia 
1 tsp coconut oil 
2 egg whites

1 strawberry 
Greek yogurt
2 tiny dots of cacao nibs/chocolate sprinkles/raisins,chocolate cracker???? 

How to
1. Mix the first 4 ingredients together well. Try to break up any large clump bits.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Careful not to over beat or your mousse may be runny. Add 1/3 of egg white into the chocolate mix and fold together. Then add the remaining egg white and fold together gently until the entire mixture is one colour throughout. Not streaky. Transfer to a glass, cover and chill in the fridge. I left mine overnight! I guess a few hours would be sufficient? 
3. When ready to serve, cut the round base of a strawberry (and eat it, don't waste!) then cut the strawberry into two parts making the pointy-tip part smaller. Put greek yogurt in between and add a tiny blob on to the pointy-tip part. Give your Santa eyes, sit him on top of the chocolate mousse and serve! 


PS know what would be fun? Add some mint extract in there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY