Pandan Salmon Bundels

Sunday 29 December 2013


Oh boy. The second I, no, BEFORE I even removed these guys from the oven, I could smell how delicious they would be. The slightly charred pandan and the Asian marinated salmon together were so fragrant, I immediately started freaking out because I knew what I had created today was a success. 


Savory recipes are sometimes tricky, because salt adds a lot of flavour. But with these you won't miss the salt at all! The combination of the shallots, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, chili and pandan is absolutely divine. If you love pandan, salmon and lemongrass as much as I do, you HAVE to try this recipe!

Even better, it's so simple! Anyone can do this :-) 

Be sure to leave your pandan leaves wet after washing them to keep them from burning while on the grill!

What you'll need
125g salmon fillet, cut in to 4 pieces
1.5 tbsp shallot
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp chopped lemongrass (white part)
1 tsp chopped ginger
1/2 red chili, chopped
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp water 
4 pandan leaves (leave wet)

How to
1. Blend all ingredients together EXCEPT pandan and salmon. Marinate salmon in the paste for 30min - 1h. 
2. Preheat grill. Roll each piece of salmon (along with some paste) in a damp pandan leaf. Keep the end of the leaf at the bottom of the salmon so it does fly out. Grill for 12min. If your pandan leaves look like their getting too brown, brush some water on and continue grilling! 


I served mine with brown rice, salad and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY