Chocolate coconut crusted french toast

Sunday 14 July 2013



Hi guys! French toast for this Sunday because who doesn't love french toast! I used gardenia 100% wholemeal bread. A lot of wholemeal breads out there are only like 60% wholemeal! So be careful haha. Not that you'll die if you eat non wholemeal bread ._. Just that bread is already processed and not so clean so the cleanest option would be wholemeal. I try to eat bread maximum once a week. And pasta once a week too! 

Oh yesterday I went to ikea to pick up some stuff for my new room cos I'll be moving soon and I got moose shaped wholemeal pasta! Normally cute pastas only come in the non wholemeal version so I was really excited about that. 


Another thing I'm really excited for is Vegan Tuesdays! I've already planned my breakfast and what to bring to school for lunch. I eat so much meat (I like natural protein sources ok) being vegan for a day will probably be good. 

Back to the recipe. You can replace liquid stevia with 2 tsps of honey if you don't have it. Coconut oil can also be replaced with other oils but the coconut taste won't be as prominent! 

Ingredients
2 slices wholemeal bread
1 egg
6 drops liquid stevia
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp milk (coconut milk would be appropriate!) 
3 tbsp unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil

Toppings: 
Coconut cream
Blueberries

Method
1. Beat egg, milk, stevia and cocoa powder together in one bowl.
2. Sprinkle desiccated coconut onto a plate.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan.
4. Dip each slice of bread into the chocolate batter, and then coat in coconut flakes. 
5. Fry both sides of the bread over medium low heat. 
6. Serve with coconut cream and blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY