Healthy Birthday Cake Pops

Saturday 27 July 2013


Today was certainly eventful. I sliced my thumb while trying to pry the cake pops off the plate. I bled everywhere Ew. But I still managed to cook lunch, do group work, go to the gym and cook dinner. Then my father saw the wound and my parents brought me to the doctor, who then sent me to the ANE (accident and emergency) in the hospital to get stitches. Got injected with general anesthetia (ow) before getting stitches done. First hospital experience with me as the patient, check.

Anyway recipe for these delicious cake pops now!

Ingredients
1 egg white
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cottage cheese 
1/2 tbsp honey
1 large strawberry
Rainbow sprinkles

Method
1. Beat egg white and stir in coconut flour, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder together. Transfer to a mug.
2. Microwave on 100% for 1 min. Then microwave another minute. 
3. Let cake cool. 
4. Blend cake into crumbs. Mix with honey and 1/4 cup cottage cheese. 
5. Form into 3 cake balls and stick on sticks. I used broken chopsticks :P 
4. Blend 2 tbsp cottage cheese with giant strawberry. Coat cake pops in strawberry icing and sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles! Place them on wax paper so you don't have to pry them off like I did and slice your thumb and end up in the hospital. 
5. Freeze about an hour (actually im not sure how long, just let the "icing" harden) and then eat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY