Sweet Potato Salmon Nomcakes

Saturday 6 July 2013



Now that I'm done ebooking I'll be posting a lot more! These were inspired by these 'Ugly Salmon Cakes' (yes they're called that) my mom ordered at a restaurant on Father's Day. My mum says mine tastes better and she really loved them. I did too and though they aren't all that pretty, they taste pretty damn good.


Ingredients
125g salmon fillet*, baked, skin removed
125g sweet potato, steamed
1 egg
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
Black pepper to taste (maybe like 1/2 - 1 tsp??)
1 tbsp olive oil

*Please note that I used a pre-marinated salmon fillet. It was marinated with a little salt, onions, mixed herbs, marjoram tarragon, basil, parsley and garlic.

Method
1. Mash sweet potatoes. Add baked skinless salmon fillet and mash. 
2. Beat egg and add it to the salmon and potatoes along with remaining ingredients except for olive oil.
3. Combine everything well. I used a fork for everything (:
4. Divide the mixture into 3 portions and form into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the patties over medium-low heat until both sides are brown :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY