Vegan Orange Chocolate Tart

Thursday 25 July 2013


Tuesday was fab because it was oral for the sec 4s and the rest of us got to go home at 12.55. I left 10min early but I didn't think it mattered since we were basically on lunch break. Lunch is 12.15 - 12.55 I don't understand why they didn't just let us go home lol.

Now that I do Vegan Tuesdays, I've been experimenting with new foods! I'm finding eating enough protein a challenge but still I'm trying my best. This is a tart is made of a chocolate oat crust and orange tofu cream. Hope y'all like it! 


Also this new app called yogify is awesome. It has free yoga lessons for beginners to advanced and is really clear and easy to use! ALSO I've been eating more carbs lately and if I'm not imaging it, looking leaner :D Happy happy yay. 

Ingredients
3 tbsp oats
1 tsp cocoa powder
3/4 tbsp maple syrup
3/4 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup silken tofu (cold from the fridge)
Zest from 1/4 orange (about 1/3 tsp?) 
4-5 drops liquid stevia

Method
Preheat convection oven to 150C 

1. Blend oats into oat flour. 
2. Mix with cocoa powder. Add maple syrup and coconut oil, combine to form a crumbly mixture. Press into a greased mini tart mould.
3. Bake for 15min. Remove tart from pan.
4. Blend tofu with 1/4 tsp orange zest and liquid stevia. Do this to taste. If not sweet or orange-y enough just adjust! 
5. Pour into chocolate tart crust. Top with remaining bits of orange zest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY