Twice baked sweet potatoes

Saturday 20 July 2013



Oh my goodness this was so delicious I couldn't stop telling my parents how awesome it tasted as I dug my spoon into the freshly baked sweet potato and fed my hungry after math tuition self with it. It really took my love for sweet potatoes to the next level. And I was so so happy to find this huge sweet potato at Fair Price Xtra. And just when I wanted to make this too! Normally the Vietnam sweet potatoes are these long skinny things but this was actually round and oval shaped and big. *.* 


Oh and I've been eating higher carb and calorie for a few days now and I feel pretty good about it. Can't wait to see how my body changes (: 

You have to try these twice baked sweet potatoes. Don't use white potatoes of whatever. Why would you want to anyway when sweet potatoes tastes way better? Ok that's just my personal preference because I have a sweet tooth :] I served this with baked salmon and steamed broccoli. If you're curious, I use pre-marinated salmon fillets from fair price. Totally clean ingredients and ultra low sodium. It's the 'garlic and herbs' flavour. DO NOT get the lemon pepper flavour though cos it has msg D:

Ingredients
1 big ass sweet potato (like 300g but you're only gonna use half)
2 tbsp cottage cheese
1/3 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp dried mixed italian herbs
A dash of black pepper

Method
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Scrub your sweet potato and poke it around with a fork. Bake for 1h.
2. Once cool enough to handle, cut the sweet potato into half. You're only gonna need one side so you can save the other half for another meal (or make another serving for someone else!). Scoop out the insides. The skin gets pretty firm so no worries, try to get as much sweet potato out as possible.
3. Mash up the potato insides with the rest of the ingredients. Spoon back into the sweet potato skin. I used a fork to make a "pattern" on the mashed potato :))
4. Preheat the oven to 190C again (unless its still hot) and bake for an additional 15 min. 

You can add some shredded cheese on top of the sweet potato before baking it a second time too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by SWEET LEMON GREY